March 23, 2013

Happy Moments

Today marks one year since the day that my husband, whom I love SO much and is my best friend and soulmate, made me the happiest girl in the entire universe and asked me to marry him. He makes me melt. That is probably the most accurate way to describe the way I feel about him.

I have some dang fun memories, but my very happiest moments are with him. This is one of them:

I know your wedding day is supposed to be "the best day of your life," but I remember moments more than days. Being sealed to David was the most incredible moment I have experienced. Seeing my whole family cherishing me and our moment was another amazing moment. Running off to our hotel and buying a bunch of junk food before was one of the most fun and scary moments I remember. And these moments and feelings with Dave have been so pure in a way I've never fathomed and I'll never forget them.

But every time I think of the day I met Dave I think, that was the best day of my life. The day I found him. I remember it so well. That may sound funny, but I knew it was the beginning of something extraordinary. It was the most exciting time. I've already told you the story a few posts ago. It was like I knew everything was going to be okay, as long as I kept this man in my life and fought for him. 
And I knew loved ones were watching, ones that have passed and ones that have been waiting to come here. It's like they were saying "Here they are, in the same room. Finally. I am so happy." And I felt that one other time - when we were sealed. 
I think my boys were some of those people, saying finally. And now I am saying finally, because they are with me. I'm so glad Dave and I fought for each other even through our fears and the hard times we gave each other! And that I get to have happy moments with him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment