November 7, 2013

Shots

David and Harrison got their second round of immunizations yesterday. It's the worst. But this time it wasn't as bad as last time. Last time they seemed sad, confused, and scared. This time they just didn't like it, but then they ate right after and fell fast asleep.

However, a few hours later when they woke up for their next feeding, David started crying. It was the "I am very much in pain" cry. Any time that happens everyone else needs to BACK UP because this mother hawk needs to find what's wrong with her baby and she doesn't care about anything else in the process! Except her other baby. I made sure he was okay too.

Because I had just changed him I noticed his legs were red and slightly enflamed under his bandaids. We decided to give him one mL of baby tylenol. He calmed a little and finished his food. Then about 10 minutes later while his papa was holding him he started crying in pain again. Ugh! I CANNOT handle when my babies are in pain. His left leg was swelling up more down to his foot and not just red but purple, too. I am panicking at this point. I called the pediatrician and he said I can give him more tylenol. I promptly obeyed. It started going down again and when it looked back to normal his exhausted, precious little self was out. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment