March 12, 2014

Boys

Being a mom to boys is the best. Okay, so I don't know what's it's like to be a mom to girls, but I know for me I prefer boys. I can't take drama - my first boy deals out enough of it already.

I grew up playing video games with my older brother (which is why I am soooo good.... seriously) and I learned how to skateboard from my friend's older brother in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared........ just kidding. Sorry I had to do it. Fresh Prince anyone?

Anyway, so I was definitely a tomboy when I was little. I wished that I could have been a boy for a long time. It just seemed easier. The funny thing is that I sent out love notes to boys all the time! I was weird. I think in the end, though, it all worked out for me. And now I have two sweet boys that I will probably send love notes to on a daily basis. They're really cute. It's like having two boyfriends without cheating on your husband. And they smell good too.

I have a feeling that boys will be much easier for me. I will actually be kind of terrified if I ever have a girl. But maybe she'll be a tomboy too. A less awkward one at that. A well-rounded, dress-wearing, skateboarding, sports-loving, sewer. Girl. Who's not afraid of boys. I could deal with that.

In the meantime I will enjoy watching my adorable and wild boys become more adorable and wild, and hope that they can have fun with their mother - their open admirer who wants to teach them everything she knows.

Everyone should want boys. They balance the hormones of women, including myself.
Today my husband had his off day from work, and we played with our boys all day. We didn't watch TV once (I hardly do on any day) and we let them feel the rain. And then Dave slid them around on a big piece of cardboard...


My life isn't perfect and I surely am not. That's not what I'm trying to say. I just had a good day with these boys and I'm glad they're in my life. That's all.



No comments:

Post a Comment