February 8, 2013

Thai High

So, Dave and I love Thai food, and I get increasingly more obsessed with it. Our favorite entree is Pineapple Chicken Curry. I found the perfect recipe to mock the one at the restaurant in Utah we miss.

I have a lot of the ingredients from previous times, but not the one-time-use ones (which happen to be the most important), so when I was craving it a couple nights ago and didn't have the time or money to go to a restaurant or make the whole thing, I remembered I bought a jar of something called "Thai Red Curry Simmer Sauce" a couple months ago!

It has a lot of the same ingredients you need to make it yourself, so I figured it can't be that bad. It smells weird in the jar, but when I started heating it, it smelled delicious. I was able to make this awesome dinner in 20 minutes. I started cooking the rice as soon as I started the curry. I microwave-thawed some chicken, sliced it up with some veggies and threw it all in there. Added some spices. And since I didn't have pineapple chunks, I dropped some of the Orange Juice w/ Pineapple that Dave bought to add some of that fruity flavor. It wasn't as good as the real thing, but it was definitely satisfying.

So if you're someone who wants/needs to make quick dinners sometimes, try this!
AND IT'S GLUTEN FREE :)

Here is a picture of the food and the jar so you know what it looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment